Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday 3 June 2011

Travel day: Going our separate ways...

So this morning saw R. take the train back to Madrid in order to catch his flight to Frankfurt and then on to Joburg, and then finally home on Saturday. Two hours later, I was on the train back to Granada. I had four days that I hadn't booked accommodation for before my second conference starts next week, and after a whole lot of umming-and-ahhing, I decided to come back to Granada early. It's a lovely city, and I'm looking forward to having a few mores days in which to explore it, as well as possibly take a day-trip or two.

It's 9pm and I'm in my hotel room, trying to convince myself that it's dark outside by keeping the curtains and shutters closed  - I need a real early night! I took a walk to the local supermarket this afternoon - it's amazing how long it takes to buy something simple like deodrant and shampoo when everything is in a forgein language. (And I thought I at least had the basics!) I'm sitting here writing this and listening to a Spanish radio station playing covers of English pop songs...all in Spanish obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment