Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday 10 June - Sunday 12 June

Last night...Last day...Last post....

And so begins the end! This was my last night in Granada, tomorrow is my last day in Spain, and thus this will be the last post for this blog.

Today was an exceptionally chilled out. While there were so many places here in Granada that I could have gone rushing back to on my last day, I decided instead to just relax and soak up the vibe of being here. So I started my day with a walk up the street and a breakfast of churros and coffee. I then spent most of the day just strolling around, finding beautiful little parks and plazas to wander through and relax.

I made sure to have a siesta this afternoon and this evening I went back to the little bar that R. and I had frequented for a last drink and tapas. I had booked to watch a flamenco show this evening, and while it certainly didn't match the show we saw in Seville, it made for a pleasant final evening here in Spain.

Tomorrow I take the early train to Madrid, and then I have a good eight hours to while away before flying back to South Africa at midnight! I'm thinking that I may visit the Prado, provided I can check my luggage in early.

Five weeks is a long time to be away from home, but the time seems to have gone so quickly. The sound of Spanish has become quite familiar...the last couple of evenings I've even been watching late-night TV in Spanish without it feeling all that strange! And being up after midnight is beginning to feel completely normal...granted I'm not having to wake up before 9am most mornings.

So it's farewell to the long summer evenings - at 21h10 this evening the sun hadn't even got close to the horizon - and free tapas with one's drink. In Spain, at least, there is sometimes such a thing as a free lunch!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment